October 2, 2018; Northridge California
In conjunction with Display Summit, Oct. 2-3
8500 Balboa Blvd, Northridge, CA 91329
Insight Media hosted the third workshop on Streaming Media for Field of Light Displays (SMFoLD). This year’s workshop was again held in conjunction with Display Summit which attracts the leading developers of light field displays.
The goal of the SMFoLD workshop was to present up-to-date information on the state of the light field capture-to-display ecosystem. The workshop featured presentations and discussions on the streaming of 3D light field data. Several companies presented updates of their work developing light field data display streaming standards.
- Light field capture companies
- Light field processing and rendering companies
- Light field display companies
- Companies working on advanced codecs and streaming formats
- Companies looking at light field displays for virtual reality or augmented reality
- Companies looking at advanced displays for medical, professional or commercial applications
- Government, intelligence and military personnel or contractors
- Graphics companies
- Standards organization representatives
- Companies working in training, simulation or advanced visualization
- Distribution infrastructure organizations
- Technologists and consultants
- Content creation and production companies
The workshop was hosted by Insight Media. A Phase II SBIR contract called Streaming Model for Field-of-Light Displays (SMFoLD), Open Standard for Display Agnostic 3D Streaming (DA3DS) was funded by the Air Force Research Lab (AFRL). The contract was awarded to Third Dimension Technologies and Oak Ridge National Laboratories.